Private Tuition and Mentoring
John’s private tuition and mentoring programme has assisted many of the leading saxophonists of today to achieve their aims, and is for classical, jazz and multi-genre players. The programme exists to further the instrumental, musical and creative development of saxophonists - whether:
- Student or professional players
- Students preparing for Conservatoire or University entrance
- Committed adult learners wishing to further their skills
- Saxophonists wishing to purse individual creative projects, recordings or multi-media work
Programmes of lessons are always bespoke to the student, and can include:
- Saxophone instrumental studies
- Performance and communication skills
- Repertoire and programme building
- Combatting performance anxiety
- Historical saxophone studies and thesis work
- Composition, arranging and media music in any genre
- Studio and recording techniques in any genre
Partnerships with individual conservatoires, universities and musical charities worldwide have provided intensive periods of individual study for aspiring saxophonists, and accommodation can be arranged as necessary.
The lessons take place within a state-of-the-art rehearsal and recording complex with access to a huge library of recordings, repertoire, books and pedagogy from all periods.